Do you want to help at The House & The Hill, a coworking hub and wilderness retreat in the French Pyrenees?
Apply for our Nomad in Residence Program where you can volunteer and stay with us for a week at a time for free in exchange for about 2 hours per day of your time.
We can offer free accommodation in our volunteer apartment, a seat at our coworking HQ and time and space to work, rest and play.
Restoring, maintaining and tending to several acres of land is labour intensive and also greatly rewarding. We always have plenty to do and we are very grateful for enthusiastic volunteers.
Generally we would appreciate help with:
- social media and storytelling
- video editing and production
- gardening / veggie plot tending
- woodworking / carpentry
- general handy-ness
- sculpture and art installation making
- field recording
- plumbing and heating
- painting and decorating
How it works
Your stay includes a bed in one of our village cottages and use of our maker space – The Pig Shed Studio in return for your time, hard work and enthusiasm in helping us to get stuff done. Accommodation is mostly self-catering but we eat together at HQ or in the gardens from time to time.
- You apply, telling us ideally when you'd like to stay and we can arrange a Skype call to have a chat.
- We tell you what availability we have and the projects we will have on the go during your stay.
- You tell us what you'd like to get involved in and what you can offer.
- We can pick you up from local airports or train stations.
- Minimum stay is one week. Initial stays up to two weeks. Longer stays can be agreed after the initial stay.
During 2017/2018 our new project thisisrefugi.com is also undergoing a full renovation and restoration so we will be on the look out for some specific skills. If you'd like to find out when we publish this list, please send us a message or get in touch on our Facebook Page.